Long & Short's Benefit Tour 2016
Long and Medium Register Details
We are having a heat wave this weekend, please bring extra water bottles and dress accordingly.
CHECK IN JUNE 18th 2016
Check in for Shuttle service will be in the front of the Kalkaska RV Park and Campground at the following times, please check in prior to boarding the shuttles:
- Long 05:45-06:15am, Shuttle departs promptly at 06:15am
- Medium 07:30-08:00am, Shuttle departs promptly at 08:00am
Directions to: Kalkaska RV Park & Campground, 580 M 72 SE, Kalkaska, MI 49646
parking will be limited, please arrive early to get a good spot, parking closest to the after-party will be reserved for campers, day-use parking will be in the front of the campground. Volunteers will be helping to direct traffic.
The pool will be open, bring bathing suits and towels to cool down after your ride.
Start times will be prompt, if you have opted out of shuttle services please check in at your respective start prior to departure, parking maybe limited and MI DNR recreation passport for parking is a must:
- Long riders will depart the Spring Lake Trailhead at 07:30am
- Medium Riders will depart Muncie Lake Trailhead at 09:15am
LOCATIONS of STARTS
- Long Starting Point, SHUTTLE SERVICE ONLY, NO PARKING Spring Lake State Forest Campground, U.S. 131, Fife Lake, MI
- Medium Starting Point Muncie Lakes Pathway, Ranch Rudolf Rd, Traverse City, MI 49696
- All Adult users who have registered on NMMBA.net have already signed waivers.
- An adult must accompany all Children under 18years, liability waivers must be signed in person prior to boarding the shuttle – forms will be provided at Check in.
Every rider must be wearing a helmet prior to starting his or her ride and anytime while moving on the bike.
AID STATIONS/PICK-UP POINTS/EMERGENCY CONTACTS
You will be given a more detailed sheet of aid station locations, pick-up points, and emergency contact names/numbers at the start of your ride. You will also receive a wristband that lets our volunteers at the campground know you are a paid rider and need a meal ticket! Yum!
While this is a supported ride, the terrain and trail can be tough on both bike and body so plan accordingly. It’s always better to have too much rather than not enough in the way of water, spares and supplies.
SWEEP & SAG RIDERS
Support riders will depart at the end of each group, these sweeps will have spare tubes and tire pumps, if you have a breakdown hang tight for rider support.
FOOD & DRINK
No worries plenty of food and drink await you, serving starts at02:00pm.